Researchers in the field of technology management investigate the best ways to plan, design, test, refine and implement technical products and processes, examining these issues from the perspectives of people, companies and the environment. The goal of human factors research is to systematically analyze and optimize the technical, organizational and social conditions of work processes.
By taking a holistic approach and applying both engineering and human factors methodologies, Fraunhofer IAO and the IAT explore how we will live and work in the future.
- designing work processes to be flexible, efficient and economical
- supporting employees and enhancing their performance by providing modern, safe, and ergonomically designed work environments in both office and production settings
- improving user acceptance of new technologies
- providing support in developing products in line with ergonomic principles
- promoting integrated product and production engineering.
The Institute of Human Factors and Technology Management IAT cooperates closely with the Fraunhofer Institute for
Industrial Engineering IAO. On numerous occasions, our researchers have worked together at the interface between university research and industrial application – on projects directly for industry clients or as part of publicly funded research projects.
Both institutes are involved in university teaching. The IAT runs three programs: a bachelor's and a master's degree in technology management [DE] and an online master's degree in logistics management [DE].